Personal Injury

Personal Injury Attorney in Corpus Christi

Contact Elliott & Ritch Now for a Free Consultation!

Have you been wrongfully injured at no fault of your own? Whether you were injured in a car crash, harmed by a defective product, slipped and fell as a result of dangerous premises, or are the victim of medical malpractice, Elliott & Ritch can help you take legal action. Our Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer has more than 20 years of experience and is well-versed in all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases. Browse our website to learn more about the types of cases we handle or contact our firm for a free consultation. We offer all our services on a contingency fee basis—if we do not win your case, you do not have to pay.

Submit an online contact form or call (361) 733-3003 for a complimentary case evaluation with a member of our team today. Se habla Español.

Texas Personal Injury Laws

When it comes to filing a personal injury claim in Corpus Christi or anywhere throughout the state of Texas, there are a few things you need to know. First and foremost, Texas follows the rule of “modified comparative negligence.” This rule allows the injured person to share liability in the event that they were partially at fault for their own injuries.

What you need to know about pure comparative negligence:

  • You may only recover compensation for damages if you are found to be less than 50% at fault for the accident.
  • The amount of compensation you will be able to recover extends up to but does not exceed the percentage for which you are at fault.
  • This rule is only obligatory in litigation; if your case is resolved through settlement, you may be able to negotiate compensation outside of the parameters of shared fault.

For example, say you are hit by another driver who made an unprotected left turn into your oncoming path. Because the rules of the road state that you had the right-of-way, the other person should be at fault, right? However, if you were speeding ten miles per hour over the speed limit when you were hit, the jury might determine that you were 20% at fault for the accident, while the other motorist was 80% responsible. If you are seeking compensation for $10,000 total in damages, you will only be able to recover up to $8,000.

Additionally, the statute of limitations (or time you have to file a claim) is two years from the date of injury or two years from the date you knew of or should have known of the injury. If you don’t file your claim by this date, the courts will not hear it.

Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle

Elliott & Ritch is equipped to resolve all kinds of personal injury claims, including:

  • Aviation accidents
  • Boating accidents
  • Commercial trucking accidents
  • Dog bites and animal attacks
  • Maritime accidents
  • Medical malpractice
  • Motor vehicle accidents
  • Nursing home neglect and abuse
  • Premises liability claims
  • Product liability claims
  • Slip and fall accidents
  • Work injuries
  • Wrongful death

Fighting for the Injured Since 2014

If you were severely injured or your loved one was killed as a result of someone else’s negligence, reach out to our personal injury attorney in Corpus Christi to find out how we can help you. We understand just how difficult it is to move forward after a catastrophic accident. Because of this, we strive to provide caring, one-on-one attention and tireless representation throughout the legal process. Our firm is prepared to handle every aspect of your case so that you can focus on healing.

Call (361) 733-3003 or contact us online to schedule a free, confidential consultation. We serve clients nationwide from our offices in Texas and Louisiana.

We do things differently

See how E&R has the winning edge
  • Experienced Litigator

    With years of litigation experience, we know what it takes to win.

  • Defending Families Against Huge Corporations

    At Elliott & Ritch, your fight is our fight--and it's personal to us.

  • We Win Again and Again

    We deliver excellent results for our clients, time and time again.

  • Small Firm with a Big Reach

    We're not afraid to go toe-to-toe with giant corporations, and we fight to win.

We won't back down from a fight

Contact us today to get started
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.